Creditors Rights & Bankruptcy
- asset recovery
- assignments for benefit of creditors
- garnishment proceedings
- judgment enforcement, including execution and sale of seized assets
- preferential and fraudulent transfers
- proceedings supplementary under Fla. Stat. § 56.29
- Uniform Commercial Code issues
- voluntary and involuntary business bankruptcy
- workouts of troubled or non-performing loans
Our Bankruptcy and Creditor Rights Practice is headed by Eric N. Assouline, a firm co-founder and partner in the Fort Lauderdale and Miami offices. Mr. Assouline also heads our Business Litigation and Dispute Resolution Practice智胜彩票. Practice members also include,
Greg M. Popowitz, a Registered Patent Attorney, is an associate in the Fort Lauderdale office. He also is member of our Intellectual Property Practice and our Business Litigation and Resolution Practice.
Mr. Assouline has defended claims against court appointed receivers of financial and insurance companies in various state and federal court cases. As lead litigation counsel, he has prosecuted fraudulent transfer actions on behalf of a federal court appointed receiver to recover transferred funds from third parties.
In some instances, when additional or special expertise is needed, our Practice Team works closely with members of our other Practices. For example, in preparing secured and other credit agreements for a variety of Industries, our Team has the added benefit of partners that may have represented or worked with professionals in those Industries.